POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : cutting irregular holes?! : Re: cutting irregular holes?! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:28:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cutting irregular holes?!
From: frozen
Date: 14 Sep 2004 11:25:01
Message: <web.41470cb7732004dc1f09a3bc0@news.povray.org>
"GreyBeard" <r.b### [at] sbcglobalnet> wrote:
> The arch macros by Bonsai might be what you're looking for, sorry, couldn't
> find the URL, maybe someone has it and will be kind enough to post it.
> Arched holes can be cut with difference and a scaled cylinder if your needs
> are relatively simple in shape.
>
> Greybeard

Hi!

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but it seems impossible to create archs with a
sharp upper end? I mean: It somehow looks like the intersection of a
cylinder and a box, as you also suggest. This doesn't exactly do, what I
want (sorry if my poor english made me explain it in a way that is not
understandable). The first answer I received used two cylinders and a box
and did exactly what was required. I tried to do this with Moray and it
works..

Thanks for your answer! I'm surprised how many people answer newbie
questions here! It's great!

Greetings,

frozen